05 February 2014

{crunchy living} cloth diapering journey: part 1

As many of you know, our fourth little bundle of joy is due to arrive in April! We are over the moon excited to welcome her into our family.

Once I was past my morning sickness (after Friday, though, I'm wondering if I'm really over it!) and began accepting the reality of another child in our family, I got pumped thinking about what I will do the same as I did with the other three and what I will do differently.

I cloth diapered our second child for three months. At that time, bumGenius 2.0s were the only cloth diaper in my arsenal, and I truly enjoyed her little cloth-covered bum. That is, until I got pregnant with Munchkin #3. At that point, this pregnant momma could not handle the smell and care of cloth diapers. So, much to my chagrin, back to disposables we went.

Now that I am five years past our initial cloth diapering experience, I am armed and ready to try again! This time, though we are going with prefolds and covers. I am anxious to see if I love them as much as I think I am going to.

As of right now, our little baskets are full of Green Mountain Diaper prefolds (24 yellows and 36 oranges), Ecobaby Organics cloth diapers (4 diapers that came with 2 additional inserts each), Assunta One Size Pocket Diapers (2), Bummis Super Brite (Newborn) diaper covers (2) , Flip diaper covers (3) and Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap covers (4) and Thirsties Duo Wrap Original Aplix covers (2).

GMD yellow newborn prefold
GMD orange small prefold 
Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap Covers 
Inside Tag of Snap Covers
Thirsties Original Aplix Covers
Bummis Newborn Brite Covers {notice the lower cut to accommodate the umbilical cord stump!)
Super Brite Tag
Assunta One Size Pocket Diapers
Two Flips w/ Snaps, One Flip w/ Aplix 
Ecobaby Organics Diaper w/ Two Additional Inserts
This is just the beginning of our cloth diapering journey. Stay tuned for follow-up posts!

Cloth diapers offer many wonderful health benefits for baby and financial benefits for our budget! I hope cloth diapering is something we can be successful with. If not, though, we'll adapt. :)

I'd love to know...
Do you cloth diaper?
Which ones do you love?
If you didn't/haven't cloth diapered, is it something you would consider?

Blessings to you and yours,

No comments :

Post a Comment