29 January 2014

{being wife & momma} what do you do when amazon messes up?

I feel like our family alone must be keeping Amazon Prime up and running. We probably make two or three orders a week.

Rarely, have we had issues.

However, when I received my box of Eco Nuts yesterday, I noticed a discrepancy. Online, the picture states that the box is 20.5 ounces. Well, my box was 16 ounces. That's a big difference!


And, although it was already 7:45 in the evening, I called Amazon's customer service number (1-888-280-3321) in hopes that someone could help me. Well, guess what?! Mary answered my call. Yay!

I explained to her the situation and she offered me a refund for the difference in the ounces. She put me on hold for a few minutes while she calculated. I also calculated. Based on the ounce-age difference, my refund should've been $7.03, which I would've been more than happy with. However, she came back on the line and gave me a refund of $15.99. 

$15.99! Now, that's customer service. Amazon has one happy, satisfied, thrilled, returning {I think you get the picture!} customer.

So, what's the moral of this story? For me, it's this...

As the wife and momma of this family, it is my job to spend the money my husband works so hard to bring home in wise ways. It is important for me to double check receipts, amounts and ounces. It is imperative that I compare prices and do my best to get the most for our money. And if something is wrong, SPEAK UP! Be kind about it, but speak up. You never know when you're going to get more back than you thought. :)

I'd love to know what you think!
Have you been pleased with a certain company's response to a mistake?

Blessings to you and yours,

No comments :

Post a Comment