31 January 2014

{recipe} s'mores cupcakes

Well, it looks like I'm two for two on the baked good recipe sharing. :) I really need you to believe me when I say we've backed off considerably in this department over the last year. However, having a cupcake business out of my home leaves me with a generous number of cake, cookie, bread and pie recipes to share with you.

Last year, these cupcakes were my best seller during February. There were many happy chocolate lovers on Valentine's Day in my neck of the woods. Not only are they fun to make, but they're even more fun to devour. And devour is all you can really do with these!

Don't be afraid to put your apron on and give them a shot. 

{However, be careful about putting pictures of them on Facebook or Twitter, because you will quickly have people lined up at your door ready to sample these delightfully delicious treats.}

I love the following pictures, because they show you the exact progression of the s'mores cupcake. Be sure and print out the recipe at the end of the blog, and then let me know if you make them and what you (and all your new friends) think! ;)

Cut out a piece of graham cracker using a circle cookie/biscuit cutter and place in the bottom of your cupcake liner.

Lay two pieces of a Hershey bar on top of the graham cracker.

Sprinkle these cute little jet puffed marshmallow bits on top of the first two items.

Pour in batter about 3/4 of the way up the liner.

Bake. Savor the aroma. Pull out of the oven. Try not to devour all of them.

Put a blob of marshmallow creme on top of the cooled cupcake and broil until slightly brown. Take out, let cool for a few minutes and gently press a Hershey piece into the creme.
Once the cupcake is done, feel free to top with buttercream icing. It's always fun to see a person's reaction when they realize there's a Hershey's piece in between the icing and marshmallow creme.

Click here for a printable recipe!

I'd love to know...
Are you going to make them?
How many did you eat? {heeheehee}

Blessings to you and yours.

2 comments :